Computerworld has a pretty interesting article about the truisms of Hans-Joachim Popp. I am not sure how new these things are, but it is pretty refreshing to see a CIO making these statements. Here are the greatest hits:
- Huge projects will fail
- A rare and inexplicable error will come back – for sure
- Spec will be finalized in the course of system development
- Coding (the India part) is of less importance to the project success
- Database applications will have performance problems
- Professional project managers will make the project look on time until one day before release
- The genius super team from the early prototype will fail during rollout.